Questions to Consider
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Long-Term Care Health Insurance Information and other Health Insurance topics.
What questions should I ask when considering long term care insurance?
Long-term care insurance policies are quite varied. Before you can make an intelligent decision about which plan to buy, you should gather some basic information. While some of your questions may be considered basic, ask the plan representative what type of care is covered. Getting long-term care insurance information is important.
- Does the policy cover nursing home care and assisted living care?
- Will the plan pay for home health care services provided by visiting nurses and therapists?
- Are housecleaning and food preparation services provided by a maid or home health aide covered?
- What will the daily benefit amount be?
- Is there a waiting period before benefits kick in?
- And what is the benefit period?
Once you have narrowed your choices down, have a detailed discussion, and get it in writing, regarding exclusions specific to the policy you are considering.